Dovetail is a Paris-based agency that develops editorial content in English for companies worldwide.
We write, edit and translate all types of communications materials in English:
- Annual reports
- Brochures and leaflets
- Press releases and media kits
- Audit reports
- In-house and B2B magazines
- Corporate videos
- Oral presentations
Our strong grasp of corporate communications makes us the ideal partner for communications agencies, public and private institutions, and companies of all sizes:
- Audit and consulting firms
- Insurance companies
- Industrial groups
- Service companies
- Engineering and technology consulting firms
Terry puts her 20+ years of experience in editorial consulting, copywriting and translation in English to work for her clients.
Terry Ascencio-Parvy is originally from Houston, Texas. She earned a master’s degree in translation from the Monterey Institute of International Studies in California in 1997.
Won over by life in France, she moved to Paris and in 1999 became part of the translation team at Arthur Andersen and then Ernst & Young. This experience allowed Terry to gain a solid foundation in corporate and financial communications.
From 2006 to 2009, Terry worked in the United States, providing editorial project management and translation services. Terry returned to Paris and founded Dovetail in 2010.
Editorial consulting in English
At Dovetail, we can assist you with your English editorial content from start to finish.
We check the quality of your existing English-language documentation, advise you on the design of all types of print and Web communications materials, and assist you in producing content directly in English (selecting content professionals, managing the production process and conducting quality assurance).
English copywriting & rewriting
Dovetail provides copywriting services for corporate communications in English.
We base our work on documents you provide to us and/or interviews with your teams in French or English. We can also help you rewrite documents and verify editorial consistency.
Translation in English
We translate all types of documents from French to American or British English.
We use your approved files in their original Word, PowerPoint or Excel format during the translation process and deliver our French-to-English translations in the same format. All our translations are reviewed by a second translator and delivered on time.
Dovetail works hand-in-hand with multinationals and event planning agencies to develop editorial content in English.
Whether you are organizing a leadership team meeting or roadshow, we can work with your team members to get them ready for the big event.
Quality of Life Conference
Working as the Senior Editor for a two-day international conference dedicated to the future of quality of life for some 600 delegates
- Drafting and editing website content, newsletters and speaker interviews
- Managing the team of writers on-site and handling quality control in conjunction with the communications teams
Drafting Ipsen’s annual report in English to strengthen the company’s position as a leading global biotech company dedicated to building bridges for patient care.
- Interviewing the Executive Team and drafting content
- Liaising with patient advocacy groups and developing materials for the #DialogueForPatientCare initiative
Women’s Forum Global Meeting
Digital Conference Reporting
Producing and posting content on Storify and developing articles for Medium to capture the essence of the plenary and breakout sessions, and reach a wider audience.
- Acting as the Senior Editor (client since 2010)
- Overseeing the writers, handling project management and quality assurance
Producing corporate videos in English that provide brief overviews of specific topics for a large B2B company
- Creating video scripts in English in close collaboration with the Account Director
- Editorial consulting, copywriting, rewriting and translation projects in English
Drafting the company’s annual report directly in English to strengthen the group’s image abroad
- Interviewing members of Mazars’ management team and drafting case studies
- Verifying and rewriting content in English to ensure editorial consistency for the report
CAC 40-listed bank
Leadership team meeting
Serving as the English-speaking editor for an event attended by 90 top managers from subsidiaries worldwide
- Working with 20 speakers/senior managers: overseeing the consistency of the speeches, PowerPoint presentations and videos in English
- Rehearsal five days before the event and technical rehearsal the day before the event
CSR section of the registration document
Producing an English translation with a strong grasp of the relevant issues and technical CSR vocabulary
- Putting in place a specialized English-speaking team made up of a project manager, an experienced native-English translator and a CSR expert
- Handling the quality control process including regular collaboration with the client
CAC 40-listed company
Acting as the editor for a three-day international event in English attended by 120 foreign corporate leaders
- Editorial support provided before and during the event, ensuring consistency for the entirety of the English content
- Practice sessions and coaching to help speakers with their English presentations
Independent valuation for a CAC 40-listed company
Producing an English translation of an independent valuation drawing on a keen understanding of the financial sector and specialized terminology related to public exchange offers
- Putting in place a specialized English-speaking team made up of a project manager/editor and an experienced financial translator
- Handling the quality control process including regular collaboration with the client
Developing a website for a global leader in third-party IT maintenance services in line with the company’s new name and new visual identity.
- Providing editorial support to the Communications & Marketing Director
- Interviewing the international management team, and writing website content
Producing a powerful and compelling English translation of Quick’s annual report to accurately reflect the company’s image
- English translation of the company’s annual report 2009-2015
- Turnkey service provided in a spirit of partnership: working with a dedicated translator, managing the project and verifying the final proofs
Dovetail plays a key part in overseeing the team that produces digital content for our annual international conference. We are very pleased to work with Dovetail year after year.
Dovetail always provides top-notch English translations that are accurate and polished. The process, which includes revision by Terry followed by a highly productive discussion phase, results in a flawless document.
Our collaboration with Dovetail has been great. Terry, who runs the agency, is calm, professional and offers excellent advice. With her positive attitude, she knows just how to work with our clients’ presenters – making each event a resounding success.
Offering seamless and professional service, Dovetail is responsive and knows how to adapt to the specific context of each business activity.
Drafting content involves much more than just writing. You have to grasp the needs of each client, and quickly understand the specifics of their market and their terminology. Dovetail went even further for us. The website and PR materials they developed perfectly matched our needs, and they were able to find the right tone to promote our solutions, which is exactly what we needed.
Dovetail does an excellent job of incorporating all the nuances of the original text in its English translations. The process is smooth, and the work is delivered on time. Terry also takes the time to liaise with us towards the end of the project, so the final product is always top-notch.
We have been working with Dovetail for several years now, and we’ve never been disappointed. Dovetail provides high-quality English translations time and time again. When questions arise, the team gets in touch to clarify the meaning of our messages and make terminology choices, ensuring that our projects always go smoothly.
At Dovetail, we take pride in using our proven corporate communications experience to consistently deliver high-quality service.
Our focus on project management
We take a proactive approach to project management in English and believe that collaboration is key. Throughout the production process, you can count on a single point of contact to handle your project smoothly and efficiently.
A network of specialized English-speaking consultants
Dovetail sets up teams of one or more English-speaking translators, writers or editors with the expertise that is best suited to your project. We test all our consultants and foster long-term relationships with them in order to provide consistent, high-quality services at all times.
A collaborative process
We put in place a meticulous revision process for all our work and then take the time to explain the thought process that went into wording key messages in English. We believe constructive dialogue is vital to your project’s success. By working together, we can choose the options that are the best fit for your needs.